- MyRegent Portal
- Regent Apps & Mail
- Faculty & Staff Mail
- Faculty & Staff Resources
Q. E-Book expired! Why?
How long can you check out books? How long do you have access to a downloaded e-book?
Answered By: Ann Moriarty Last Updated: Mar 03, 2021 Views: 3
The checkout period for an e-book is 24 hours. A download to your device constitutes a "checkout". The restriction ensures all students who need the book for an assignment have access.
We don't recommend downloading e-books. Why?
- The process for downloading e-books requires an account with each e-book provider, downloading the appropriate e-book reader for that provider, and creating an account with Adobe.
- It's more efficient to download a chapter or chapters.
- Our e-books are designed for online research.
- If you like to print pages before reading, you can by creating a PDF.
- You can copy the whole page or copy text within a page.