- MyRegent Portal
- Regent Apps & Mail
- Faculty & Staff Mail
- Faculty & Staff Resources
Q. What is the current job outlook in your professional field?
What are the current professional trends/influences in your chosen field?
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) provides info on the job outlook for 329 occupational profiles. In order to find an occupation, browse the occupation groups on the left-hand side of the homepage, or use the A–Z Index if you know the specific occupation.
You may search for occupations by using the selector drop-down menus on the OOH homepage. Select by the projected number of new jobs or projected growth rate. If you know the specific occupation you are interested in, you may enter a job title into the “Search Handbook” box on the top right-hand side of the homepage.
- Career Outlook, published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, features articles about some occupations that are not covered in the OOH. Career Outlook includes the ”You’re a what?” series, which highlights unusual occupations and includes interviews with workers.
- Virginia Labor Market Information or substitute the state in which you want to know outlook.
- O*NET OnLine also gives info on outlook.
- Try a Google search to see if there is a national association for your chosen occupation.
- For peer-reviewed sources try a Summon search. Create a search string using keywords,
("chosen field jobs" OR " a synonym to chosen field jobs")
Use the tools on the left side of the results page to limit your results to 'peer-reviewed'